Saturday 15 March 2014

As a small child one of our elderly neighbours died or so everyone was telling me and I watched out the window as his funeral flowers and cars were being arranged. He known to us all as Pop's was sitting on our front wall without a care in the world watching his own funeral. I said mum if pop's is dead why is he sitting on our wall. She rushed to the window. I don't know if she saw him but she went very quiet and left the room without saying a word. I know she had lots of strange things happen but she didn't talk about them until I was older. When I was about three or four we lived right on Blackfriars bridge above a shop. There were lots of children in the flat and my brother and I would play hide and seek with them. One day they took us into a room and there was a baby all burned laying in a cot. There were long icicles hanging down from all sides of the cot but when I tried to show my mum the room it was just a wall. Sometimes the little boys would climb up to our bedroom and bring sweets. But sometimes they would try to get me to jump over the balcony. I have never liked heights and wouldn't do it . I was thirty with children of my own when I asked my mum who the children were. She said there wasn't any children ever that came in that place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free spiritual advice.